Is this program for you?
This is NOT a theoretical program for scholars only, but instead it is more for what the classical Daoists call the Scholar Warrior, or one that reflects and is introspective while acting on the things they learn to be able to LIVE THE CHANGE.
The Daoist Distance Education program
- The Daoist distance education tract consists of an online interactive training program.
- This is a philosophical/spiritual (non-religious) tract allowing the student to learn the 2500+ year old wisdom and techniques of the ancient Daoist masters, used to bring the student awareness in direct experience with their life, and empower them to be able to live a conscious life of here and now.
- The teachings and techniques have been translated and brought into the 21st century for the student, as well as being taught in their original form so that, like the lotus blossom, the roots will be firmly planted in the authentic tradition while the head floats on the surface of the present, making it practical and useful in everyday life.
Indeed this course is best described as a step by step process, in order for the student to learn to live the change they wish to see in their lives and their world.
This course can culminate, for those who wish to go on and become members of a Daoist Lineage, in an opportunity after meeting all requirements at the end of the 3 years of training, to receive an entry level ordination as a Daoist Priest in the Orthodox Unity (Zhengyi) school of Daoism or acceptance as a 22nd Generation Daoist Priest in the Dragon Gate sect (Longmen pai) of the Complete Reality (Quanzhen) school of Daoism.
What is included?
- During this program I will lead a 1 1/2 hour cultivation lesson on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm CST (conducted online as part of an ongoing in person class that will also be held at the same time) you can access it while I broadcast it live.
- You will also have a total of 12 individual assignments, one every three months, which will cover a broad cross section of the vast body that is Daoism. Each assignment is composed of a lesson from Lao Shi, a reading assignment that you will have to read and report on, personal daily exercises and meditations that are indicative of a different branch of Daoism that you will have to practice as well as reports on your personal insights and experiences.
- You will be added to the secret Daoist distance education Facebook group (which has videos only available to the students, and the past meditations also archived there) and the ability to interact with me and the other students, to have their questions asked and answered.
- Quarterly check in's and reviews.
- Free access to the workshops/seminars that I hold and broadcast.
- The opportunity to connect on the Facebook group, with the other students who come from many parts of the world, to share questions and experiences if desired.
What do you have to do to be a Daoist?
Nothing, you have to do nothing. It's a way you look at life.
But why would you look at life that way?
The life of a cultivationist is a life that sees into things, sees a CONNECTION TO ALL THINGS.
Included in the program as well, are things like observing and reuniting with your original nature (Yuan Xing), inner cultivation (Neigong), and laying the foundation for spiritual alchemy. This is a mixture of Scholar (Wen) and Warrior (Wu), in that the lessons will incorporate your daily life which must become part of your education as well.
There will also be things that have become obstacles in your Path, that you will have to act on, so you can put theory into action. I assure you this is not an academic course at heart.
This course is designed to culminate with ordination as a Daoist Monk, Priest, or Wandering Daoist should the student meet all of the requirements with satisfactory skill. This Path will expose you to a very diverse look at the many strata of Daoism.
Click here to see the syllabus
***If you want to watch one of the classes I teach to my students click the button below. ***
In this video I share a bit about my training, my story and a Neigong technique I learned to create your inner world, change your internal landscape to match your higher self .